CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Swimming Lessons...Oh my!

Well, Taegan started swimming lessons on Monday. I was so proud of her because she let the teacher take her under water twice. For some one who doesn't like water in her face this was huge! Tuesday was a little different. She wasn't about to go under water again, but she would go with her teacher to kick and blow bubbles. I know her neck had to be sore by the time we left from stretching it so far to try to keep it above water. She looked like a little giraffe stretching her neck out. The lower the teacher would get her in the water the longer her neck would get. It was kind of a funny sight! Today was totally different. She didn't want anything to do with the lesson at all. The teacher and I both thought that if I would stay hidden she might do better...boy were we ever wrong. She lost it today and several of the other mommies tried to comfort her, but she just needed her own mommy! We did finally get her back in the water and a few smiles even appeared. Her teacher is so good and patient! It is very hard to learn to swim when you won't get your head wet. I know Taegan and when she is ready she will do it! She gets things done, but always on her time schedule!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Don't I know about that "own time" schedule thing. I'll trade you, a dry head for a dry diaper...:)

AMY said...

I can relate...Mason still does not like to get his face wet. I hope that doesn't discourage you. You're right about the "in there own time" thing. Mason is still waiting for the right time :-)